Seven Days to Italy!
A stairway in Perugia, Umbria, Italy
Well I’m off to do a little weekend work, today. I have a three-day work project that will move along quite nicely if I start it on a Sunday, and this will free up my evenings next week to prepare for the upcoming trip. The Hubby and I need to
- Clean the house.
- Book a hostel room for our one night in Amsterdam.
- Pick out seats on the plane.
- Pack, unpack, strategically re-pack.
- Shop for anything else that didn’t make it into the first two-packings.
- Bemoan the amount of space available in the luggage.
- Drop the cat and dog off with the in-laws so they can, you know, eat for the two weeks we’ll be out of town.
- Do some last-minute reading in the tour guides.
- Try not to go insane from giddy excitement.
Tonight I hang out with Ashley. We’re going hiking (much to her disappoint…hiking is just so…free…I mean, how can we have fun if we’re not spending any money???) and having a picnic dinner in the woods. Fun! I think I may take her to Caponi Art Park in Eagan, MN. Caponi is a huge, forested area of land filled with sculptures and walking trails, and tonight they’re having a special event: “Dakota Valley Summer Pops Orchestra presents A Patriotic Festival”.
Could be fun!
Sunday Comic Videos!
If you have somehow not seen this short video of Will Ferrell and his landlord, Pearl, do do do treat yourself!
The Landlord <—click here!
Also, if you have seen that gooey, cheesy, horrible meaning-of-life Nicholas Cage/Tea Leoni movie, The Family Man, you may appreciate this mash-up. I thought it was hilarious, but I haven’t had coffee yet this morning, so who knows?